L’Oreal Men Expert Lounge Quenching Gel Competition Conditions of entry
Acceptance of conditions
Membership of the L'Oréal Men Expert Lounge ( the Club ) and use of the www.lorealmenexpert.com.au website ( website ) are governed by these Terms and Conditions. By becoming a member of the Club you have agreed to these Terms and Conditions. L'Oréal Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time. Your continued access to the website and membership of the Club will constitute your acceptance of any changes or revisions to the Terms and Conditions. Your failure to follow these Terms and Conditions may result in suspension or termination of your access to the website and the Club, without notice.
This website is owned by L'Oréal Australia Pty Ltd. The intellectual property rights in all materials included in the website are either owned by, or licensed to, us and all rights in those materials are reserved. Except for the purposes of viewing this site, you must not copy, adapt or distribute those materials unless you have first obtained our written consent to do so. All of the brands cited on this website are registered or common law trade marks and you may not use them without prior written permission of L'Oréal Australia Pty Ltd.
Membership of L'Oréal Men Expert Lounge
Your membership of the Club and your right to use the website is personal to you and you must not authorise others to use your membership or the website. You are responsible for all use of the Club and the website, including for those people you allow to use the Club and website. It is a condition of membership of the Club, that you ensure that your membership details are kept up-to-date and accurate. To update your details click here.
Entry into competitions
As a members of the Club you will be given the opportunity to enter competitions from time to time via Club e-mail communications, as well as the opportunity to take advantage of special offers. Each competition and special offer is subject to terms and conditions which will be available to you via the Club e-mail communication at the time of entering the competition or viewing the offer.
Disclaimer and limit of liability
The information contained on this website and in Club e-mail communications is not intended to be comprehensive and should not be relied upon in place of professional medical or health and beauty advice. We make no warranties or representation about any content or information on this website, and to the extent permitted by law exclude (and where law does not permit an exclusion, limit to the extent permitted by law) all:
- warranties and representations about the currency, accuracy, suitability or reliability of any content or information on this website; and
- liability for any direct, indirect and consequential costs, losses, damages and expenses incurred in any way (including but not limited to that arising from negligence), connected with any use or access to this website or any reliance on information contained on this website.
ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THIS WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY COMPETITIONS, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, L'ORÉAL AUSTRALIA PTY LTD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Editing and deletions
L'Oréal Australia Pty Ltd reserves the right to review, edit, move or delete any material provided for display or placed on the website or in its Club e-mail communications, without notice.
Linking and framing
This website may contain links to other websites and may on occasion display content or information from other websites within frames on this website. We are not responsible for any such content or information and we make no representation as to the accuracy or suitability of that content or information.
Use of electronic addresses
All electronic addresses of L'Oréal Australia Pty Ltd and its employees published on this website are for business purposes only. The publication of those electronic addresses should not be taken as consent by L'Oréal Australia Pty Ltd and its employees to receiving unsolicited commercial electronic messages not directly related to the Club or L'Oréal's business.
Termination of access to the service
L'Oréal Australia Pty Ltd has the right to terminate or suspend your membership of the Club and your ability to access the website, for any or no reason, without notice and without liability.
This website and its use is governed by the laws of Australia and the State of Victoria.
By registering as a Club member you are consenting to receive electronic communications from L'Oréal Australia Pty Ltd regarding the Club and L'Oréal products, offers and services. You can withdraw your consent at any time simply by unsubscribing at www.lorealmenexpert.com.au or by following the link featured in all our e-mail communications.
L’Oréal Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 40 004 191 673), 564 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004. Phone: (03) 8680 0000.
Open only to Australian residents who are:
(a) aged 18 or over; and
(b) who are members of L’Oreal Men Expert Lounge (the Club).
Directors, officers, management and employees (and the immediate families of directors, officers, management and employees) of the Promoter or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
9.00am (AEST/AEDT, as applicable) on 19 August 2013 to 11.59pm (AEST/AEDT, as applicable) on 1 September 2013.
During the Competition Period, entrants must:
(a) click on the link in the monthly Club newsletter to be redirected to the online entry page;
(b) log into the online entry page using their email address and Club password; and
(c) fully complete and submit the online entry form by providing any information as required by the Promoter and by clicking on the “Agree & Enter” button on the entry page.
10.00am (AEST/AEDT, as applicable) on 2 September 2013 at Reborn, Level 1, 232 Clarendon Street, South Melbourne 3205.
There is/are 100 prizes to be won.
The/Each prize is a Men Expert Hydra Energetic Quenching Gel valued at $15.85 (inc GST).
The total prize pool is valued at $1,585.00 (inc GST).
Entrants may only enter this competition once.
Winner Notification and Publication
The winner(s) will be notified in writing (by email) within two days of the draw. Any NSW winner(s) of prizes valued over $500 and any ACT winner(s) of prizes valued at $1,000 will have their name and state/territory of resident published at www.lorealmenexpert.com.au (Website) on 9 September 2013.
All winners will be published on the Website via a link contained in Issue September 2013 of the Club newsletter.
Prize Claim Date and Time
Prizes must be claimed by 11.59pm (AEST/AEDT, as applicable) on 2 December 2013.
Unclaimed Prize Draw Details
10.00am (AEST/AEDT, as applicable) on 3 December 2013 at the same location as the original draw.
Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification and Publication
Any winner(s) in the Unclaimed Prize Draw will be notified in writing (by email) within two days of the Unclaimed Prize Draw. Any NSW winner(s) of prizes valued over $500 and any ACT winner(s) of prizes valued at $1000 will have their name and state/territory of residence published on the Website by December 16 2013.
All Unclaimed Prize Draw winners will be published on the Website via a link contained in Issue December 2013 of the Club newsletter in.
Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPM/13/00547 and ACT Permit No. TP13/02024.
1. Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these conditions. By entering, entrants accept these conditions.
2. The competition will be conducted during the Competition Period.
3. Each entrant will receive a return online notification confirming their successful entry into the competition. By entering this competition, entrants consent to receiving this electronic message.
4. Entries must be received during the Competition Period. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrant. The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified. Consumers are responsible for their own costs associated with accessing the Internet. Automatically generated entries will not be accepted.
5. Entrants must remain a Club member for the entire Competition Period and up until the time of determination of the winner(s). Entrants who have unregistered as a Club member at the time of determination of the winner(s) will be deemed invalid.
6. The draw will be conducted at the time, date and location as stated in the Draw Details. The first 100 valid entry/entries from all valid entries received will win a prize.
7. The prize(s) is/are as stated in the Prize Details. All prizes are subject to any additional conditions specified by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers, including any periods of validity, where relevant.
8. Prizes will be delivered to the relevant winner’s address as recorded in the Club database. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost or undelivered prize if the relevant winner’s address details are incorrect. All members can update their details by clicking on the ‘Change Details’ section featured in each Club newsletter, or by logging into the Website. If a prize is returned to the Promoter, the relevant winner will be notified in writing (by email) and can claim the prize by providing their correct postal address.
9. The winners will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification and Publication details. By entering this competition, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
10. The winner(s) must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material.
11. The Promoter may require winner(s) to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
12. If a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that prize will be determined by drawing a further valid entry in accordance with paragraph 6.
13. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The prize(s) is/are not transferable or exchangeable and (except where cash is specified) cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a prize or any element of a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that prize or element of that prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory if required.
16. If a prize has not been accepted or claimed in accordance with the Prize Claim Date and Time, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter will conduct such further draws in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Draw Details as are necessary to distribute the prize(s), subject to any requirements of the gaming authorities in each state and territory. Any winner(s) in this draw will be notified as stated in the Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner Notification and Publication details.
17. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
18. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to prizes.
19. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition using Facebook. However, the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
20. If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the gaming authorities in each state and territory if required.
21. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-monetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that where the parties are at arm’s length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
22. All entries will be the property of the Promoter. The information entrants provide will be used by the Promoter for the purpose of conducting this competition. The Promoter may collect entrants’ personal information (including through its contractors or agents) or disclose entrants’ personal information to its contractors and agents to assist in conducting this competition or communicating with entrants. By entering this competition, entrants consent to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database and the Promoter may use this information for future competition and marketing purposes regarding its products, including contacting the entrant via electronic messaging. By entering this competition, entrants consent to receiving SMS or email messages from the Promoter. The Promoter is bound by the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act 1988. Entrants can request access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them by contacting the Promoter at the address stated in the Promoter section of these conditions.
(a) how entrants can seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about them and seek the correction of such information;
(b) how entrants can complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint; and
(c) whether entrants’ personal information the Promoter holds about them will be provided to overseas companies, and if so, which countries those companies are located.